Branch Manager in Clark, New Jersey, USA
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Branch Manager in Clark, New Jersey
LEMAN USA is a part of LEMAN A/S, an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 800 employees.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing and controlling operation activities of the branch; accountable for full collaboration with the sales team to develop both tactical and strategic plans to generate new accounts as well as maintaining and building existing accounts. The role requires strong leadership skills and vision, ability to successfully drive change and motivate employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate strategies to ensure revenue targets of branch are accomplished.
- Monitoring freight collection and keeping a watch on the credit limits.
- Manage sales team and drives local business development strategy.
- Coaching, mentoring, training, and development of staff with focus on individual, branch, and company goal attainment while at the same time working to increase the core strength of the company.
- Set up operations procedures in compliance with company processes.
- Monitor department workloads.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to the branch to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all work. This includes staying current on relevant industry changes, ensuring proper staffing, maintaining customer relationships and creating/maintaining the branch’s budget.
- Act as Incident Manager and ensure proper communication with both Domestic and International customers. Provides direction and guidance when addressing customer issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Manager-Employee relationship within the branch by facilitating effective interaction, ensuring adequate knowledge and resources and promoting a mutual understanding of shared goals and task relevance.
- Ensures the proper systems, procedures, internal controls, quality standards, metrics, and quality control processes are in place. Recommends process improvements that will create the most efficiency while maintaining service expectations.
- Trains, motivates and develops staff to meet the current future needs of the branch and the company. Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Promotes a business environment that fosters high standards with respect to ethics, integrity, and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics or similar, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of previous managerial experience in international freight forwarding operations.
- Strong background in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy.
- Understanding of TSA security regulations.
- Understanding of federal regulations that pertain to international import and export shipments.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "BM NJ" to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website