30 Nov 2017
Client Services Manager
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Client Services Manager in our Sturtevant, WI.
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 800 employees.
This position is responsible for providing overall direction and leadership to the customer support team. The successful candidate will improve efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction by implementing service and operations strategies. In addition to managing and developing the Client Services team, this candidate will help maintain and grow business relationships with current clients and assist in bringing on new clients. Previous experience in accounting, supply chain management, and a thorough understanding of 3PL operations is required.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to the Client Services department to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all work. This includes staying current on relevant industry changes, ensuring proper staffing, maintaining vendor relationships and creating/maintaining the department’s SOPs.
- Working with the Warehouse Manager, provide an efficient dissemination work flow to the warehouse/distribution operation, including pre-receipt communication, order entry, and daily order pick-sheets.
- Responsible for accurate data collection and retention.
- Responsible for on boarding new clients.
- Responsible for assisting with and acting as a backup for month end billing.
- In collaboration with the Director of Contract Logistics, provide pricing to clients for services.
- Act as Incident Manager and ensure proper communication with both Domestic and International customers. Provides direction and guidance to direct reports when addressing customer issues.
- Manager and maintain Retail Compliance Guideline documentation.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Manager-Employee relationship within Client Services by facilitating effective interaction, ensuring adequate knowledge and resources and promoting a mutual understanding of shared goals and task relevance.
- Ensures the proper systems, procedures, internal controls, quality standards, metrics, and quality control processes are in place for the department’s work. Recommends process improvements that will create the most efficiency while maintaining service expectations.
- Trains, motivates and develops staff to meet the current and future needs of the department and the company. Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Promotes a business environment that fosters high standards with respect to ethics, integrity, and values.
- Assists as needed in the collection of accounts receivables.
- All-inclusive Manager assisting with day to day operational tasks and serves as back up support for absent Client Service Representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or similar – preferred
- Minimum five years of previous managerial experience in a Client Service environment required.
- Minimum three years of previous accounting experience required.
- Minimum five years of supply chain experience required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer focus, timely decision making, managing and measuring work, motivating others, building effective teams, directing others, informing and managing conflict.
- Strong financial aptitude.
- Ability to manage the entire supply chain for multiple clients at once.
- Adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “SVS. Mrgr.” to Hr.US@leman.com Please no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website