General Freight Forwarder
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN UK is looking for an Freight Forwarding Agent to Road operations (Nordics) for our office in Bellshill
LEMAN A/S is a transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the Nordic countries, UK and the US with approx. 700 employees and a turnover of approx. 1.9 billion DKK. The LEMAN Group has launched a growth strategy where the company wishes to grow both organically and through acquisitions in the countries where the group is already present. The company is going through a transformation with the increasing globalisation and a change in the way business and the organisation is run.
LEMAN UK is part of the LEMAN Group and employs 65 staff across 5 depots in the UK, operating all modes including Road, Air/Sea, Project & Logistics. The UK has seen major growth in recent years and we expect this trend to continue. We believe that people are our strongest asset and we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and willing team member to join our Bellshill Team.
Skills and Experience
- Respond to quote requests and bookings from customers (internal & external).
- Arrange transport in accordance with current agreement (e.g. agency agreements/sub contractors).
- Produce associated document e.g. collection notes, manifest etc.
- Liaise with shipper, consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- Liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers business needs and markets.
- Grow existing business opportunities and look for new markets.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Deal with ongoing queries and provides up to date information to the customer in respect to transported goods.
- Raise sales invoice and respond to related queries.
- Communicate with our overseas depots and form a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintain efficient filing and records.
- Ensure accurate completion of paperwork.
- Arranges export or import customs clearance if required
- Salary £24,000 a year.
- A positive and busy working environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
- Exciting and open workplace with freedom with responsibility.
- 25 days holiday.
- Company funded cash plan.
If you find the position attractive, we encourage you to send your application and CV immediately to Jill Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application "ROAD OPERATIONS".
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
HR Business Partner at LEMAN UK
P: +44 (0) 113 385 7927
For more information about the company please visit our website