Import/Export Freight Forwarding Agent
If you are into transport and logistics, we have a unique possibility for you...
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Import/Export Freight Forwarding Agent for our Charlotte, NC branch.
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S, an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 700 employees.
In this position you are responsible for handling forwarding customer services for air and ocean, import and export shipments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various truckers, airlines, steamship lines and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and its customers.
- Maintain knowledge of US import and export regulations and its application to LEMAN's business.
- Create rate quotes for Customs, agents and overseas offices.
- Create bookings and process documents for air and ocean export shipments.
- Obtain and process documents for air and ocean import shipments.
- Process Importer Security Filings as needed.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Close files as soon as all information is complete. Profit and loss statements must be run, and working files must be filed away. Ensure ameta’s are issued correctly, and disputes resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar - a plus.
- Minimum one year of previous freight forwarding customer service.
- AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience, a plus
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods, a plus
- Knowledge of DG requirements/pharma trade, a plus
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “CLT” to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner
For more information about the company please visit our website