Ocean Export Forwarding Agent
Can you develop and grow our business?
Due to growth and our promise of exceptional customer service to our clients, LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Export Forwarding Agent in Atlanta, GA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S which is an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 700 employees.
In this position you are responsible for handling all aspects of our client's export shipment from route planning, pricing, customer service and accounting/closing of shipments financially.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various truckers, airlines, steamship lines and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and its customers.
- Maintain knowledge of US export regulations and its application to LEMAN's business.
- Create rate quotes for customers, agents and overseas offices.
- Create bookings and process documents for ocean export shipments.
- Obtain and process documents for ocean shipments.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Ensure issues and disputes are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar – a plus.
- Minimum two years of previous freight forwarding customer service preferred.
- AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience, a plus but not required.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods, a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "ATL EXPORT" to email@example.com Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about the company, please visit our website