30 Nov 2017
Ocean Export Freight Forwarder
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Ocean Export Freight Forwarder at our location in Los Angeles, CA
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 800 employees.
This position is responsible for handling forwarding customer services for ocean export shipments.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
- Work with various truckers, airlines, steamship lines and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and its customers.
- Maintain knowledge of US export regulations and its application to LEMAN’s business.
- Create rate quotes for customers, agents and overseas offices.
- Create bookings and process documents for ocean export shipments.
- Obtain and process documents for ocean shipments.
- Update customer profiles keeping them accurate and current.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
- Ensure issues and disputes are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar, a plus but not required.
- Minimum one year of previous freight forwarding customer service preferred.
- AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience, a plus but not required.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods, a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Positive attitude
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked “Ocean Export” to Hr.US@leman.com Please no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website