Ocean Import Forwarding Agent
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Ocean Import Forwarding Agent in Clark, New Jersey
LEMAN USA is a part of LEMAN A/S, an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 800 employees.
In this position, you are responsible for handling all aspects of our client's import shipment from route planning, pricing, customer service and accounting/closing of shipments financially.
Duties & Responsibilities
Maintain daily contact with clients, agents and colleagues.
Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
Engage with regular and potential customers to generate additional or new business.
Work with various trucking companies and other vendors providing services to LEMAN and its clients.
Maintain knowledge of Import regulations.
Create rate quotes and bookings per client requests.
Update client profiles keeping them accurate and current.
Accurately invoice both clients and agents.
Ensure LEMAN receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
Close files as soon as all information is complete. Ensure billings, payables and reconciliations are issued/settled correctly, and disputes resolved in a timely manner.
Must work well as team member and independently.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar – a plus.
- Minimum 1-4 years of previous International Freight Forwarding experience.
- US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods.
- Airline, Steamship, Trucking and other vendor selection and interaction.
- Knowledge of DG requirements/pharma trade a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "NJ" to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website