13 Oct 2017
Take the next step in your career and grow with us
LEMAN USA is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant at our location in Sturtevant, WI
LEMAN USA is part of LEMAN A/S an international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Nordic countries employing over 800 employees.
The Accountant will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP for accounting transactions, prepare GL account reconciliations, and the monthly close.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing all month end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Determine accuracy of balances, figures, calculations, postings, etc.; investigates and reconciles any discrepancies.
- Research and analyzes financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely reporting of financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain appropriate controls within the accounting function; recommend changes where appropriate.
- Participate in activities associated with periodic audits.
- Review accounts payable batches and the reconciliations of payroll, credit cards receipts and statements, travel expenses, and bank accounts.
- Perform audits to ensure compliance of internal controls.
- Ability to resolve complex accounting issues and provide daily support and guidance to accounting team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; CPA a plus.
- Minimum 2-5 years accounting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Enthusiastic and positive.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- A positive and busy work environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
If you find the position attractive and have the required skills and experience as outlined above, we encourage you to send your resume immediately marked "Sr ACCT" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics. The company is still growing and employs approx 800 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States. LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.
For further information, please contact:
Sue Vergetis Satula
Sr. HR Business Partner LEMAN USA
For more information about LEMAN, please visit our website